After a flood, there’s usually quite an overwhelming amount of cleaning to do. In many cases, you may be able to handle the cleanup on your own. However, hiring a professional flood restoration service is actually so very important. A good flood restoration service will clean up all the mess left by the flood and help protect your home against further damage. There are different types of services available and it’s best to think about what you would want them to do to ensure your safety. Here are a few examples of how flood restoration services can help.
– General damage restoration: This type of flood restoration service involves cleanup and drying, usually after the area has been declared safe for house guests. General damage restoration usually involves removing mold, mildew, mud and debris. They’ll also dehumidify the area and use fans, dehumidifiers, carpet cleaners and other equipment to help get rid of excess moisture.
– Mold remediation: A mold remediation company will take in any mold that it finds in your home and dispose of it safely. This is usually done through a process of careful removal, including using strong chemicals. After the mold is removed, a mold specialist will inspect the site to see if it needs further cleaning and to make sure the structural integrity of your home has not been compromised.
– Water removal and water extraction: A flood restoration service may also provide their customers with a water extraction and water removal service. With this service, they will remove any flood damage materials that have been affected by the flooding, as well as any excess flood water. For example, they might remove all of the carpets in your home to prevent mold from growing in them. They will then dispose of these carpets and other materials properly. You will then be left with dry and clean floors.
– Cleanup and repair: A flood restoration service will also do the cleanup and repairs on your flooded house. It might suggest that you paint all of the walls in your home, or clean the wallpaper. They will probably use high powered vacuums and HEPA filters to suck up any mold and mildew that are present. They will then use special cleaners on the walls and floors to rid your home of the toxins that were in the water. These toxins can cause the mold to spread, causing more harm to your home than the flooding did.
– Drying: Any time that you deal with a flooding situation, you always want to be sure that you are drying everything out thoroughly. There is a huge difference between drying something out that has been affected and drying out materials that have not yet been affected. All flood damage material needs to be dried out before it can return to its normal state. The average homeowner will not have the power, experience, or equipment to dry everything out properly. That is why a flood restoration services business can help.
– Disposing of Waste Properly: Many people make the mistake of throwing away more water than they actually need to. Water from flooded homes can end up being much more than meets the eye. Many things can end up being discarded, which makes a mess of a cleanup job. A flood restoration company restoration specialist will ensure that all waste is disposed of correctly to prevent the same problem from occurring in the future.
– Calling Your Insurance Company After Floods: Sometimes, flood damage is just too much to handle on your own. When this happens, you may not want to call your insurance company right away. The longer you wait, the less likely you are to feel comfortable talking to your insurance agent about your flood situation. A professional flood restoration services company has agents who are qualified to help you within a given timeframe and will always be available to talk to your insurance company if that becomes necessary.